Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WALL DISPLAY {TRAVEL THEME} - DIY

I've got a very long blank wall that runs from my kitchen through to my lounge/TV room that I wasn't sure how to spruce up. It's been blank for a couple of years and I never seemed to be able to find the right artwork to fit. So, I decided to make my own. I bought a whole lot of canvases (20cm x 15cm), painted them with the left-over paint that I used on the exterior of the house, enlarged a whole lot of my travel photos (15cm x 12cm), stuck them to the canvases, labelled them and . . . voila!!




The photos (1992 - present day) are a great reminder of my travels. Everytime I walk past the display I reminisce . . . You can see that it is still a work in progress. I keep adding to the display - which means I'll just have to keep travelling!!!



Here's some close ups . . .









to see what others are doing this week, have a look at hooked on fridays

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, this such a great idea, especially since you have to keep traveling to fill it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like a giant size scrapbook. I LOVE it! Yet another idea I have for when I get into a house! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I could fill an entire wall with just our St. John photos. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. We recently did something similar but with favourite photos. Upstairs I have 5 poster photo collages from recent trips. We travel a lot so I wish I'd seen you're idea sooner.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this...such a nice feeling everythime you pass it I am sure...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, what clever idea! So much better than hiding your photos in an album. This way you can enjoy the memories every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Great way to permanently display your travel shots. Such a good idea...

    ReplyDelete