Thursday, August 6, 2009

HOOKED ON POETRY


your reflection


I see what your mirror refuses to reflect,
I see that young girl your body refuses to neglect;
I see the crime scene and everything they stole,
I see purity and innocence amongst a tormented soul;
I see the loss of hope in your eyes,
I see your fears amidst their trail of lies;
I see a lonely person with a welcoming heart,
I see the person that progresses to be pulled back to start;
I see the severely shattered dreams,
I see the humble hopes being torn at their seams;
I see the cleanest thoughts dining with society's pollution,
I see the million questions that have no solution,
I see only one person who is stuck in your head,
Coz he is the only person who listens to all that you've said...

{written for me by a friend}







go to hooked-on-fridays to see what others are hooked on this week

5 comments:

  1. How nice to have a poem written for you by a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry...ahhh...It says so much!

    How nice of your friend to do this
    for you.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well chosen photo for the poem. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete